Japanese Bushy Knotweed Root (Hu Zhang) - Cut Form 1 lb
Herbal Information on Bushy Knotweed Rhizome in Bulk Form
Other Names: Knotweed, Japanese Knotweed, Bushy Knotweed, Some people may refer to this herb as Japanese Bushy Knotweed Root and Rhizome.
Botanical Name: Polygonum Cuspidatum Rhizoma
Pin Yin Name: Hu Zhang
Brand: Plum Flower
Form: Sliced Root
Packet Size: 1.1 pounds ( 500 grams)
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not use in large doses.
Additional Information: Slightly Bitter, Neutral, Slightly Tonic
- Supports the Natural Cleansing Action of the Liver
- Promotes Healthy Joint Function
- Genito-Urinary Health
Meridians: Liver, Spleen
Hu Zhang has several different names: Japanese Bushy Knotweed, Bushy Knotweed, Polygonum Cuspidatum, as well as the the pin yin name of Hu Zhang. This herb is a slightly bitter herb. The main component of this beneficial herb is the active ingredient called Resveratrol. Though resveratrol is the best known of the hu zhang components, it is important to know the others.
In the Chinese Herbal Medicine book - Materia Medica; Hu Zhang Radix ety Rhizoma Polygoni Cuspidati has alternative names as Da Chang Zhang and Ku Zhang.
Hu Zhang is available in many forms, if purchasing in cut bulk form, the best way to use is as a decocotion, or to make a tincture.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
|Parts of Plants||Tincture||Decoction||Syrup/Gargle||Topical/Facial||Tea/Infusion||Cooking|
|Hard/Dried Berries||YES||YES||YES||Grind First||NO||YES|
|Roots/Tubers||YES||YES||Decoct First||Grind First||NO||YES|
|Bark||YES||YES||Decoct First||Grind First||NO||YES|
|Stems||YES||YES||Decoct First||Grind First||YES||YES|
|Flowers||YES||YES||Make Tea First||Grind First||YES||YES|
Main Characteristics (Attributes) of Herbs
- Harvested at the proper level of maturity and correct time of the season to maximize potency.
- Free from Chlorine
- Manufactured without the use of sulphur
- Preservative Free
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results
- Aluminum Phosphate free
- Packaged in an airtight sealed bag
- Pin Yin Names and Botanical Names are listed on the bag
- Certificate of Analysis are available upon request
- Conforms to Standards of Chinese Pharmacopeia
- No dyes, colors, or bleaching of the herbs
- We are a authorized direct distributor of Plum Flower Herbs.
- 500 gram bag size which equal anywhere from 4 to 6 cups of herbs
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed