Herbal Information for Alfalfa Leaf in Cut Form
Common Name: Alfalfa Leaf
Botanical Name: Medicago sativa
Other Names: Chilean Clover, Buffalo Grass
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1 lb.)
Form: Cut and Sifted
Dosage: Follow doctor's instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Caution: Do not use while pregnant or nursing. Alfalfa might cause the immune system to become more active, and this could increase the symptoms of auto-immune diseases.
Alfalfa Leaf Properties
- Supports the body's natural ability to reduce fever
- Benefits Digestion
- Benefits natural pain management
- Supports natural blood sugar levels when used with diet and exercise.
- Alfalfa is also important to our honey bee farms as the dark purple flowers of the alfalfa plant are a key ingredient. The Dark Purple Alfalfa Flowers make alfalfa honey the main honey crop in the United States.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
Proper Storage of Herbs
Bulk Herbs and spices should be stored in a glass jar with a tight rubber seal and kept somewhere cool. The jar should be dark in color to avoid sunlight degrading the herb or spice. If a dark color jar is not available simple slip a brown paper bag over the glass jar. On the brown bag adhere a label with the following information: Name of Bulk Herb, Tea, or Spice.
When and where the bulk spice, or tea was purchased. Brewing time of bulk herb or tea. What the tea, spice, or bulk herb is used for. The reason why you may find it useful to put what the herb is for on the container, is when you don't feel good all the information is there available to you. It is so much easier to have the function of the herb on the container, and ready for use. Lastly avoid keeping the herbs in the refrigerator where condensation can take place or near heat sources like ovens, dishwashers, or stoves.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
- Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
- Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
- HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
- ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
- Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
- Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
- Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements.
About Herbal Remedies and Alternative Medicine
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years in all cultures. In this day and age, Western bulk herbs and spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs and teas emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209130-31Global Trade Item Number: 767963058744Manufacturer Part Number 209130-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 5.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)