Herbal Information for Angelica Archangelica in Cut Form
Common Name: Angelica
Botanical Name: Angelica Archangelica
Channels/Meridians: Heart, Liver, Spleen
Pin Yin Name: Dang-kuei, dang qui, dong quai
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added tot his product.
Form: Cut and Sifted, Certified Organic
Pack Size: One Pound (1 lb.)
Dosage: Follow doctor's instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if nursing or pregnant.
Angelical Arachangelica Properties
How to Use Angelica Sinensis Root (Dang Gui)
Angelica root is often used in herbal teas and decoctions. It has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine as a women's health formula and is often combined with other herbs. Chemical constituents of Dong Quai include vitamins B12, fructose, glucose, magnesium, iron, potassium, thiamin, sucrose, zince, and trace minerals.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
- Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
- Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
- HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
- ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
- Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
- Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
- Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements.
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification. Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
About Herbal Remedies and Alternative Medicine
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years in all cultures. In this day and age, Western bulk herbs and spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs and teas emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209135-31Manufacturer Part Number 209135-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 5.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)