Herbal Information for Angelica Root in Sliced Form
Names: Angelica, Angelica Root
Botanical Name: Angelica Sinensis
Pin Yin Name: Dang Gui, Dong Quai
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1 lb.)
Dosage: Follow doctor's instructions on how to use this herb.
Origin: North America
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Additional Information About Dong Quai
- Also known as Female Ginseng
- Botanical support for the Heart
- Benefits the Central Nervous System
Native to eastern North America, the Angelica Root, also known as Angelica archangelica, is a stout plant with large white flowers that can grow as tall as six feet. The plant contains many healthful benefits including vitamin B12, fructose, glucose, magnesium, iron potassium, thiamine, sucrose, zinc and trace elements. It is commonly used as a tonic, gargle or face wash.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209255-81Global Trade Item Number: 767963098856Manufacturer Part Number 209255-81Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)