Herbal Information on Astragalus Root in Powdered Form
Common Name: Astragalus Root
Botanical Name: Astragalus membranaceus
Channels/Meridians: Lung Spleen, Tonic
Other Names: Astragalus herb, Huang qi, Milk vetch
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 4 ounces
Form: Fine Powder
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Certified Organic: Yes, USDA Organic
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: beta-sitosterol, calcium, choline, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, zinc, flavonoids, saponins and triterpenoid glycosides.
What are the Benefits of Astragalus Root?
- Traditional Chinese Herb used for over 5,000 years
- Known as an Adaptation
- Benefits Blood Sugar when used with diet and exercise
- Promotes Healthy Circulation
- Maybe used topically to support healthy skin
- Natural Energy
- Additional Information: Sweet, Slightly Warm
What Herbs Can Be Combined With Astragalus Root?
+Codonopsis Root and Astragalus Root
+Echinacea Root and Astragalus Root
+Ginseng Root and Astragalus Root
+Red Clover and Astragalus Root
+Schisandra Berry and Astragalus Root
Astragalus comes from the pea family, and has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. Astragalus root in Chinese herbalism is used for increasing the body’s natural resistance and vitality.
How To Use Bulk Herbs
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes.
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years, in all cultures. In this day and age Western Bulk Herbs and Spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare, and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209140-54Global Trade Item Number: 767963105448Manufacturer Part Number 209140-54Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 5.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)Maximum Purchase: 1 unit