Herbal Information on Astragalus Root (Huang Qi) in Bulk Cut Form
Common Names: Astragalus Root
Botanical Name: Astragalus Membranaceus
Other Name: Lung, Spleen
Other Names: Milk Vetch
Pin Yin Name: Huang Qi
Other Ingredients: None
Package Size: Four Ounces (4 oz.) / One Quarter Pound (1/4 lb.)
Form: Cut and Sifted
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not use with drugs such as cyclophosphamide used by transplant recipients.
Astragalus Root Properties
- Slightly Warm
- Benefits the Cardiovascular System
- Regulates Normal Blood Sugar (when used with diet and exercise)
- Supports Immune System
Astragalus root (Huang Qi) has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. It is often used today as an alternative medicine or natural medicine.
Components of Astragalus
What herbs can be combined with Astragalus Root (Huang Qi)? A few are listed below.
- +Echinacea Root
- +Echinacea Herb
- +Goldenseal Root
- +Codonopsis Root
- +Ginseng Root
- +Eleuthero Root
- +Burdock Root
- +Schisandra Fruit
- +Bai Shao Root
- +Gan Cao (Licorice) Root
- +Reishi Mushrooms
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209140-34Global Trade Item Number: 767963116239Manufacturer Part Number 209140-34Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 5.00 (in)Height: 8.00 (in)Depth: 0.50 (in)