Herbal Information on Astragalus Root in Bulk Sliced Form
Common Name: Astragalus Root
Botanical Name: Astragalus membranaceus
Channels: Lung, Spleen
Pin Yin Name: Huang Qi
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Form: Certified Organic Sliced
Package Size: One Pound (1 lb.)
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
California Prop 65
Additional Information of Astragalus Root Slices
Astragalus has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years to boost the immune system. Astragalus also contains antiviral effects, anti-inflammatory effects, anti-tumor effects, benefits healthy blood sugar levels, promotes kidney health, is a powerful antioxidant, contains anti-aging effects, promotes wound healing and may help to alleviate chemotherapy symptoms.
Benefits of Huang Qi, Astragalus Root
- Benefits the Immune System
- Supports Circulation
- Astragalus roots are usually harvested when they are 4 years old or older.
- The roots contain components called Saponins
- .Protects the Cardiovascular System
- Benefits Liver Health
- Aids in Kidney Health
Product Properties: Sweet, Slightly Warm
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
Herb Combinations for Astragalus Root
- Astragalus root and Elderberries
- Astragalus root and Schizandra Berry
- Astragalus root and White Peony Root
- Astragalus root and Reishi Mushroom
- Astragalus root and Siler Root
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
ReviewsYaggaA very powerful herb, I have used it to positively impact many lives in the area of digestion, specifically Spleen function
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209140-81Global Trade Item Number: 767963083746Manufacturer Part Number 209140-81Condition: NewAvailability: Ships in one dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)