Herbal Information About Organic Barberry Root Bark Powder
Common Names: Barberry Root Bark
Botanical Name: Berberis vulgaris
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Other Names: Barberries, Jaundice Berry, Pepperidge Bush, Sowberry
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Fine Powder, Organic
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
About Barberry Root Bark
Barberry bark is a natural herb derived from dried Berberis vulgaris bark and is among the many herbs that have been in common use among Native Americans for centuries. Indigenous peoples used barberry bark powder for the treatment ailments.
Ancient Egyptians used powdered barberry bark in combination with organic herbs such as fennel seed as an inoculation against disease.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209142-51Manufacturer Part Number 209142-51Condition: NewAvailability: Ships same day when odered by 10 am PSTWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 3.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)