Herbal Information on Black Cohosh Root in Cut Form
Common Name: Black Cohosh
Botanical Name: Cimicifuga racemosa
Other Names: Black Snakeroot, Black Bugbane
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Form: Cut and Sifted, Organic
Package Size: One Pound (1 lb.)
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Origin: United States
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Additional Information About Black Cohosh Root
- Botanical Support for Menopause
- Supporting a Natural Positive Change during a challenging transition time for women.
About Black Cohosh
Black Cohosh, also known as Cimicifuga racemose, contains triterpene glycosides. These compounds are thought to increase blood flow to the pelvic area. It also contains actein, which is believed to have analgesic properties. Historically black cohosh was used by the American Indians to address women's issues. It may benefit normal kidney health.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209152-31Global Trade Item Number: 767963090201Manufacturer Part Number 209152-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 8.00 (in)Height: 12.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)