Herbal Information for Bupleurum Root in Organic Powder Form
Common Name: Bupleurum Root, Bupleurum Radix, Chinese Bupleurum
Botanical Name: Bupleurum chinensis
Pin Yin Name: Chai Hu
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Organic: Yes, USDA Certified Organic
Package Size: 1 pound
Form: Fine Powder
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
California Prop 65
Additional Information on Chai Hu
- Clears Exterior Wind Heat
- Relieves Liver Qi Stagnation
- Promotes Normal Digestion
- Supports Natural Cleansing Action of the Liver
- Support Liver Function and Facilitates Digestion
- Support Mental Calmness
Product Properties: Bitter, Acrid, Cool
Channels: Gallbladder, Liver, Pericardium
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years, in all cultures. In this day and age Western Bulk Herbs and Spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare, and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 201156-51Global Trade Item Number: 767963072016Manufacturer Part Number 201156-51Condition: NewAvailability: Ships in one business dayWidth: 10.00 (in)Height: 12.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)