Herbal Information on Bupleurum Root in Sliced Form, 4 Ounces
Common Name: Bupleurum Root, Chinese Bupleurum
Botanical Name: Bupleurum chinensis
Pin Yin Name: Chai Hu
Organic: Yes, USDA Certified Organic
Other Ingredients: Nothing added
Package Size: 4 Ounces
Form: Slices / Cut
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use during pregnancy or while using antibiotics or interferon.
California Prop 65
Naturally Occurring Components: Alkaloids: stachydrine and leonurinine, ursolic acid, flavonoids, quercetin, rutin; bitter glycosides: leonurine, leonuridin, caffeic acid; essential oil, tannins, resin, beta carotene potassium
Additional Information About Bupleurum Root
- Supports Liver Function
- Help the liver synthesize new cells for repair
- The saikosaponins (which is a major player in it's medicinal properties) found in bupleurum root stimulate corticosteroid production, which increasing the anti-inflammatory effects
- Aids in the Circulatory System
- Traditional used to promote normal digestion
- Properties: Bitter, Acrid, and Cool
Bupleurum Root, as its Latin appellation (Bupleurum chinense) suggests, is obtained from a plant native to China, where it is known as chai hu. It is one of the most important botanicals used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM); such practitioners suggest that bupleurum root is effective in regulating one's qi, or "life-force.
Channels/Meridians: Gallbladder, Liver, Pericardium
What herbs can be combined with Bupleurum Root?
+Milk Thistle Seed and Bupleurum Root
+White Peony Root and Bupleurum Root
+Bitter Orange Peel and Bupleurum Root
+Dandelion Root and Bupleurum Root
Learn About Using Herbs on our How to Use Herbs Page Here
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
- Supports Liver Function
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 201156-84UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 767963127068Manufacturer Part Number 201156-84Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 5.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)