Herbal Information for Butcher's Broom in Cut Organic Form
Common Names: Butcher's Broom
Botanical Name: Ruscus aculetus
Other Names: Box Holly, Sweet Broom, Pettigree, Thorny Fragon
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 4 ounces
Form: Organic, Cut and Sifted
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Natural herbs such as Ruscus aculetus should be treated with the same caution as prescription drugs; strictly follow the recommended dosage. This particular dried herb seems to be most effective when used with other botanical products such as garlic and ginkgo biloba.
Other Information About Bucher's Broom Root
- Butcher's Broom has young tender shoots that can be eaten.
- Butcher's Broom is related to asparagus, with young tender shoots that can be eaten.
- The name Butcher's Broom comes from its historical use as a broom in European butcher shops.
Witch Hazel is a great herb to use with Butcher's Broom
- Benefits Circulation
- Supports Vascular permeability
- Aids Lymphatic System
- May be use topically as a cream
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Kathy Abascal, B.S., J.D., R.H. (A.H.G.), Eric Yarnell, N.D., R.H. (A.H.G.). Botanical Treatments for Hemorrhoids. ALTERNATIVE & COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIES—DECEMBER 2005.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209177-34Global Trade Item Number: 767963134615Manufacturer Part Number 209177-34Condition: NewAvailability: Limited QuantitiesWidth: 8.00 (in)Height: 12.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)