Herbal Information for Organic Calamus Root in Cut Form
Common Names: Calamus Root
Botanical Name: Acorus calamus
Channel / Meridians: Heart, Stomach
Other Names: Bach, Vacha, Sweet Flag, Sweet Sledge, Myrtle Root, Sweet Root
Pin Yin Name: Shi Chang Pu
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1 lb)
Form: Cut & Sifted Form
Certified Organic: Yes, USDA Certified Organic
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. For external use only (in baths or herbal extracts). Not for use except under the supervision of an expert qualified in the appropriate use of this substance.
Product Properties: Acrid, Slightly Warm, Aromatic
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209179-31UPC: 767963101129Manufacturer Part Number 209179-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 8.00 (in)Height: 10.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)