Herbal Information on Cat's Claw in Bulk Powder Form
Common Name: Cat's Claw
Botanical Name: Uncaria tomentosa
Other Names: Una de gato, Life-giving vine of Peru, Hawk's claw
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 4 ounces (1/4 lb.)
Form: Fine Powder
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Special Comments: Do not mix up this Unicaria tomentosa with Uncaria rhynchophylla twig & thorn, they are two different plants.
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing
- Women who are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or nursing infants should not take cat's claw. It is very dangerous for the fetus!
- Cat's claw stimulates the immune system; therefore anyone who has a condition which affects the immune system should avoid cat's claw.
- Cat's claw should be avoided in the two weeks both before and after a surgical procedure, or by anyone suffering from a bleeding disorder.
- There is also the possibility that cat's claw may interact with other medications. If you are already taking oral contraceptives, antifungal medication like ketoconazole, allergy medications such as fexofenadine, cholesterol medications such as lovastatin or certain cancer medications, you should avoid cat's claw.
- Cat's claw should not be used by individuals with skin grafts or tuberculosis or by those receiving organ transplants.
Chemical Components: Alkaloids, Glycosides, Lipids, Phytosterols, Triterpens, Flavanols
- Supports Immune System
- Benefits Digestive System
- Aids in Joint Flexibility
- Promotes a Healthy Cardiovascular system
- Clinical research on Cat's Claw is showing positive results for neutralizing free radicals.
- This plant is found in the Peruvian Amazon Rain Forest. It has been used for hundreds of years
- Assists with circulation
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years, in all cultures. In this day and age Western Bulk Herbs and Spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare, and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
<a href="http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/uncaria+tomentosa">uncaria tomentosa</a>
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 201208-54Global Trade Item Number: 767963131225Manufacturer Part Number 201208-54Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 5.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 1.00 (in)Maximum Purchase: 5 units