Herbal Information for Chrysanthemum Flower in Organic Whole Form
Common Name: Chrysanthemum Flower
Botanical Name: Chrysanthemum morifolium
Pin Yin Name: Ju Hua
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Whole Flower Form
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
California Prop 65
About Chrysanthemum Flower
Chrysanthemum flowers are brewed to make a refreshing drink, which is known as chrysanthemum tea. Chrysanthemum tea has many medicinal uses. A comment on the beauty of the flower as it symbolizes long life, joy, optimism and fidelity. A red chrysanthemum symbolizes love, and white symbolizes loyal love and truth.
One of the most common uses for chrysanthemum tea is for benefiting vision due to it's high Beta - Carotene content
White Jr, Kramer J, Campbell RK, Diabetes Care 17(8):940. 1994.
- Chrysanthemum flower contains high amounts of Carotene
- Support the Immune System
- Benefits Cardiovascular / Circulatory Function
- Known as a Cooling Herb
- Promotes Good Digestion
- Benefits Vision
Going back to the first known record of the medicinal benefits of chrysanthemum flowers is discussed from one of the oldest Chinese herb books, the “Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing,” or “Divine Farmer’s Materia Medica,” ( A must have book for anyone who is interested in the study of herbs) compiled during in the Eastern Han Dynasty (A.D. 25–220). This ancient herbal classic describes chrysanthemums as a top herb for rejuvenation and prolonging life.
Ju Hua has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine and has a wide range of beneficial properties. It has therapeutic benefits for several medical conditions. Those easily made as a tea, make sure not to over brew the flowers. We all have different tastes, but most people find that brewing Chrysanthemum tea for 3 to 4 minutes, brings out the best flavor and aroma in the flower.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Plum Flower Quality Herbs
Plum Flower is an established worldwide manufacturer of high-quality Chinese herbs, and innovative Chinese medicinal herbs and products. Plum Flower uses sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
Main Characteristics (Attributes) of Herbs
- Harvested at the proper level of maturity and correct time of the season to maximize potency.
- Free from Chlorine
- Manufactured without the use of sulphur
- Preservative Free
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results
- Aluminum Phosphate free
- Packaged in an airtight sealed bag
- Pin Yin Names and Botanical Names are listed on the bag
- Certificate of Analysis are available upon request
- Conforms to Standards of Chinese Pharmacopeia
- No dyes, colors, or bleaching of the herbs
- We are an authorized direct distributor of Plum Flower Herbs.
- 500 gram bag size which equal anywhere from 4 to 6 cups of herbs
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as a supplementary aspect to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209210-01Global Trade Item Number: 767963103710Manufacturer Part Number 209210-01Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 10.00 (in)Height: 14.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)