Herbal Information for Organic Cinnamon Bark in Cut Form
Name: Cinnamon Bark, Cinnamon Sticks, Cinnamonum Cassia
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum burmanii
Channels/Meridians: Heart, Kidney, Liver, Spleen
Pin Yin Name: Rou Gui Pi
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Form: 1/4" Cut Pieces Form, Organic
Package Size: One Pound (1 lb.)
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
- Supports Normal Blood Sugar when used with diet and exercise
- Assists in Supporting Digestion
About Cinnamon Bark
Used as a medicinal herb for all sorts of stomach distress, and abnormalities. Commonly used with fennel and cardamon seed.
The best cinnamon bark in the world comes from Southeast Asian trees where the bark is, at its best, almost a half inch thick and over twenty years old.10 Cinnamon bark is only obtained from stems that are between 1.2 and 5cm in diameter. Cinnamon bark is one of the most popular food-flavorings and a valued commodity on the world market. Because it kills bacteria that causes tooth decay and gum disease, cinnamon bark is a common ingredient in many common oral hygiene products like toothpaste, mouthwash and breath fresheners.
Cinnamon bark has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine and has a wide range of beneficial properties. It has therapeutic benefits for several medical conditions.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209785-31Global Trade Item Number: 767963072047Manufacturer Part Number 209785-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 2.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 7.00 (in)