Herbal Information for Coltsfoot Leaf in Cut Form
Common Name: Coltsfoot Leaf
Botanical Name: Tussilago Farfara
Other Common Names: Coughwort, Foal's Foot, bull's foot, horsefoot, butterbur, British tobacco
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package size: 1 pound
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Trained herbalists note that Coltsfoot leaf contains mucilage, tannins and zinc. However, the alkaloid substances naturally occurring in the organic herb means that in large doses, Tussilago farfara can be potentially poisonous; people with a history of liver disorders should avoid Coltsfoot Leaf.
- Benefits the Lungs
- The name "tussilago" is derived from the Latin tussis, meaning cough, and ago
- Common Methods of Use: Poultice, salve, tablet, extract, tincture
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209220-31Global Trade Item Number: 767963090324Manufacturer Part Number 209220-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 2.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 7.00 (in)