Herbal Information for Comfrey Root Certified Organic Herb in Cut Form
Common Name: Comfrey Root
Botanical Name: Symphytum officinale
Other Names: Knitbone, Healing Herb, Bruisewort, Knitback
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound
Form: Cut / Pieces
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not give to children. Do not use in excess as may cause liver damage.
What herbs can be used in combination with Comfrey Root
+Yellow dock root and Comfrey root
+Marshmallow root and Comfrey root
+Mullein leaf and Comfrey root
+Gravel root and Comfrey root
History of the name: Symphytum, which means to "unite or knit together." The name com-firma means simply, "knitting of bones."
Comfrey Root, goes way back, not just a few hundred years, for was written about in 400 B.C. by the Greeks. They made note of its benefits way back then.
- Promotes normal digestion
- Topically for itching skin from insect bites
- Benefits inflamed throats
- Used as a poultice for relief of sore muscles
- Applied topically to bruises
- Main ingredient is Allantoin and rosmarinic
- Use as a compress for rashes
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209230-31UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 767963023797Manufacturer Part Number 209230-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 8.00 (in)Height: 10.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)