Herbal Information on Organic Celandine Herb in Cut and Sifted Form
Common Names: Garden celandine, great celandine, jewel weed, quick-in-hand, snap weed
Botanical Name: Chelidonium majus
Other Names: Greater Celandine Herb
Pin Yin Name: Bai Qu Cai
Other Ingredients: None
Package Size: Four Ounces (4 oz.) / One Quarter Pound (1/4 lb.)
Form: Cut and Sifted
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Not for use in persons with biliary obstruction, having a history of liver disease, or taking substances contraindicated with liver disease.
Beneficial Health Properties of Celandine Herb
- Supports and promotes health skin
- Homeopathic remedy for headaches
- Assists in detoxification of unwanted toxins
- Supports liver and gallbladder health
- Benefits a calm and restful sleep
- Aids in reducing stress and soothing anxiety
- Supports a healthy digestion system
Celandine Herb (Bai Qu Cai) has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. It is often used today as an alternative medicine or natural medicine.
Taste - Hot and bitter
Constituents of Celandine - The alkaloids Chelidonine, Chelerythrin, also two allied alkaloids, homochelidonine a, and homocheli donine b.
- Protopine - is the major root alkaloid of G. flavum
- Sanguinarine - is a polycyclic quaternary alkaloid
- Chelidoxanthin - a neutral bitter principle.
- Berberine - is an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory
- Coptisine - is a natural small‐molecular compound
The most abundant molecules are made up of isoquinoline alkaloids as well as flavonoids and phenolic acids.
Traditional uses and benefits of Celandine Traditionally Celandine has a long standing history of herbal uses.
- Originally used in traditional TMC as an ophthalmic in promoting clear eyesight. The alkaloid compound found in Celandine has antispasmodic and sedative effects.
- Celandine Leaves - are acrid, alterative, anodyne, antispasmodic, caustic, cholagogue, diaphoretic, diuretic, hydrogogue, narcotic, purgative.
- Celandine is an analgesic.
- Celandine is widely used as a blood cleanser, as a homeopathic remedy for excessive bleeding.
- Beneficial for those suffering from headaches. Celandine aids in alleviating the feeling of heaviness.
- Celandine supports and assists in enhancing the flow of bile into the gallbladder.
- Celandine has traditionally been used for treatment of various inflammatory diseases.
- Celandine was also traditionally used in the treatment of gallstones and dyspepsia.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209187-34UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 767963116239Manufacturer Part Number 209187-34Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 5.00 (in)Height: 8.00 (in)Depth: 0.50 (in)Maximum Purchase: 1 unit