Herbal Information on Psyllium Seed Organic
Common Name: Psyllium Seeds
Botanical Name: Plantago ovata
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 4 ounces (4oz.)
Form: Organic Whole Seeds
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Contraindicated in bowel obstruction, esophageal stenosis, & abnormal intestinal narrowing. CHOKING: Taking this product (child or adult dose) without adequate fluid may cause it to swell & block your throat or esophagus & may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention. Be sure to take this product with at least 8 oz. (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking.
Benefits of Psyllium Seeds in whole form.
Psyllium seeds or are known by their botanical name of Plantago Ovata are only portions of the seeds of the plant The Psyllium seeds encourage colon health due to their high dietary fiber content. In fact, this is oftentimes referred to as the “colon's broom” that sweeps the waste materials out of your body. Many people used to refer to this as roughage.
As with all new supplements start off with a small amount, and as your body becomes accustomed to the supplement increase to the prescribed dosage.
- Soluble Fiber
- Promotes Healthy Bowel Movements
- Helps to Maintain Healthy Cholesterol Levels
- Psyllium is a Pre-biotic
- Benefits Blood Sugar
- Cleanses the Intestines
- Benefits the Colon
- Side note comment: "Fiber needs to gel to keep your patients well"
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209511-04Manufacturer Part Number 209511-01Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 2.00 (in)Depth: 1.00 (in)