Herbal Information on Cordyceps Militaris Mushroom Powder
Name: Cordyceps Mushrooms
Botanical Name: Cordyceps militaris
Other Names: Cordyceps Mushroom, Cordyceps Bioavailable Mushroom, Cordyceps Biomass, Cordyceps Fungus, Cordyceps Mycelium, Jin Shui Bao
Pin Yin Name: Dong Chong Xia Cao, Dong Chong Xia Liang
Other Ingredients: Grown on organic brown rice (full disclosure: the rice is not a filler but the medium on which the mushrooms grow).
How to Use: Encapsulate, or can be mixed with water, juice or food.
Package Size: 5.2 ounces
Suggested Use: Take 1 tsp. twice daily
Origin: United States
Brand: Myriad Mycology
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Cordyceps militaris is one of many species of Cordyceps mushroom that has been used in Eastern holistic tradition for centuries, however it is just beginning to be studied by Western Medicine. Cordyceps militaris supports the immune system, promotes energy and endurance, supports normal blood sugar and respiratory health. Athletes often make use of Cordyceps' beneficial properties.
Benefits of Cordyceps
- Promotes Healthy Cardiovascular System
- Supports Immune System
- Gives Assistance to Circulatory System
- Contains Naturally Occurring Sterols, Polysaccharides, and Nucleosides
- Traditional Chinese Tonic for Endurance
- Promotes Naturally Occurring Energy
- Benefits Oxygen Uptake in the Body
- Beneficial in Regulation of Cholesterol in the Body
- Regulates Respiratory Function
- Aids in Kidney Health
- Assists the Body in Detoxifying
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
- Gu GS, Ren JA, Li GW, Yuan YJ, Li N, Li JS. Cordyceps sinensis preserves intestinal mucosal barrier and may be an adjunct therapy in endotoxin-induced sepsis rat model: a pilot study. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015 May 15;8(5):7333-41. eCollection 2015. PubMed PMID: 26221273; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4509218.
- Panda AK, Swain KC. Traditional uses and medicinal potential of Cordyceps sinensis of Sikkim. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine. 2011;2(1):9-13. doi:10.4103/0975-9476.78183.
- Winkler D. Present and historic relevance of Yartsa Gunbu (Cordyceps sinensis). An ancient myco-medicinal in Tibet. Fungi. 2008;1:6–7.
- Xiao YQ, Liu JM, Tu YY. Studies on chemical constituents in Cordyceps sinensis. Bull Chin Mater Med. 1983;8:32–3.
- Zhou X, Gong Z, Su Y, Lin J, Tang K. Cordyceps fungi: natural products, pharmacological functions and developmental products. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2009 Mar;61(3):279-91. doi: 10.1211/jpp/61.03.0002. Review. PubMed PMID: 19222900.
- Zhu JS, Halpern GM, Jones K. The scientific rediscovery of a precious ancient Chinese herbal regimen: Cordyceps sinensis: part II. J Altern Complement Med. 1998 Winter;4(4):429-57. Review. PubMed PMID: 9884180.
- Zou Y, Liu Y, Ruan M, Feng X, Wang J, Chu Z, Zhang Z. Cordyceps sinensis oral liquid prolongs the lifespan of the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster, by inhibiting oxidative stress. Int J Mol Med. 2015 Jul 30. doi: 10.3892/ijmm.2015.2296. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26239097.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: MM009Global Trade Item Number: 856935004046Manufacturer Part Number MM009Condition: NewAvailability: Ready to ShipWidth: 2.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)Maximum Purchase: 1 unit