Herbal Information for Dandelion in Organic Cut Form
Common Name: Dandelion Root - Raw
Botanical Name: Taraxacum Officinale
Certified Organic: Yes, USDA Organic
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Cut Root - Small Pieces 1/4 to 1/2 inches in size, Organic
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Follow your doctor's instructions for use.
California Prop 65
About Dandelion Root
Dandelion root for me is the Rodney Dangerfield of herbs: "I get no RESPECT" Yet, the uses of Dandelion root are interesting, to say the least. What other herb can boast about its ability to help the liver and kidneys, has been used since the seventh century, and has a chemical composition that reads like a who's who of compounds?
Benefits of Dandelion Root
- Supports heart health
- Benefits healthy liver function
- Promotes normal detoxification and cleansing
- Aids in healthy digestion
- Botanical support for normal Cholesterol
- Potent antioxidant
- Rich in vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, C, magnesium, and iron
A study found that dandelion root positively impacted the cholesterol levels of rabbits otherwise given a high (bad cholesterol) diet. A high cholesterol diet can lead to poor heart health and in this study, bad cholesterol levels were lowered and good cholesterol levels were raised with the supplementation of dandelion root. A different study found dandelion root to be beneficial to healthy liver function and helped protect the liver against alcohol damage.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209250-31UPC: 767963023896Manufacturer Part Number 1296-OCondition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)