Devil's Claw Root - Wildcrafted Powder 1 lb. - Starwest
Common Name: Devil's Claw Root, Grapple plant, wood spider
Botanical Name: Harpagophytum procumbens
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1 pound
Form: Fine Powder
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Origin: South Africa
Certified Organic: No
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not use with blood thinners
Chemical Components: beta sitosterol and harpagoside
- Devil's Claw name comes from the fact that the herbs have an unusual, hooked or horned shape.
- Offering botanical support for cardiovascular system health
- Classical herb to promote healthy joint function
- Maybe used topically
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly.
|Parts of Plants||Tincture||Decoction||Syrup/Gargle||Topical/Facial||Tea/Infusion||Cooking|
|Hard/Dried Berries||YES||YES||YES||Grind First||NO||YES|
|Roots/Tubers||YES||YES||Decoct First||Grind First||NO||YES|
|Bark||YES||YES||Decoct First||Grind First||NO||YES|
|Stems||YES||YES||Decoct First||Grind First||YES||YES|
|Flowers||YES||YES||Make Tea First||Grind First||YES||YES|
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years, in all cultures. In this day and age Western Bulk Herbs and Spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare, and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, support, and balance.