Herbal Information for Echinacea Angustifolia Herb in Organic Powder Form
Name: Echinacea Angustifolia Herb
Botanical Name: Echinacea angustifolia
Other Names: Echinacea, Snake Root, Purple Coneflower
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Pack Size: One Pound (1 lb.)
Form: Certified Organic Powder
Origin: United States
Brand: Starwest Botancials
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not take if you have an autoimmune disorder and avoid injections if you have diabetes. Do not take with medications for preventing rejections of organ transplants.
- Supports the Immune System
- Benefits Urinary System
- Natural Relief for Constipation
- Aids in Upper Respiratory Issues
- Used by some Native Americans for more than 400 Years.
When storing the powdered form of Echinacea it is important to put into an airtight dark glass jar with a rubber seal. Most powders have a shelf life of 3 years, if properly stores. If not properly stored the shelf life is drastically reduced sometimes down to 3 months. It is best to use glass jars, but anything air tight will do. Once in the container place into a cool dry place, but not in the refrigerator, as condensation may occur.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes.
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years, in all cultures. In this day and age Western Bulk Herbs and Spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare, and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209265-51Global Trade Item Number: 767963024022Manufacturer Part Number 209265-51Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 5.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)