Herbal Information for Elder Flowers in Cut Form
Common Name: Black-berried European elder
Botanical name: Sambucus nigra
Other Names: Boor tree, European Elder, German Elder
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Cut Form Certified Organic
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
About Elder Flowers
Elder Flowers are produced by the Sambucus nigra shrub, found in Europe, Asia and Africa. Our Elder flowers supplier is in Bulgaria. Commonly, Sambucus nigra is known as Black Elder, European Elder, and Boor tree, with the "nigra" portion of the name as Latin for "black". The Elder Flowers emerge from the branches of the Sambucus nigra in the summer months, after which they drop and the berries of the plant are produced. The flowers on the shrub are formed in clusters which are small, tubular shaped, white in color and quite fragrant.
Our Elder Flowers come in both the cut and sifted as well as powder forms. Bulk Elder Flowers may be taken as a tea.
- Supports Normal Blood Sugar when used with diet and exercise
- For Occasional use of Constipation
- Supports the Immune System
- Rich in Bioflavonoids
- Benefits Circulation
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209295-31Manufacturer Part Number 209295-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)