Herbal Information for Eleuthero Root in Organic Shredded Form
Common Name: Eleuthero Root, (Siberian Ginseng, but this is an incorrect name)
Botanical Name: Eleutherococcus senticosus root
Pin Yin Name: Wu Jia Shen
Organic: Yes, USDA Certified Organic
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Shredded, Organic
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
California Prop 65
Additional Information About Eleuthero Root
Product Properties: Sweet, Slightly Bitter, Warm
Channels/Meridians: Spleen, Kidney, Heart, Lung
Benefits of Eleuthero Root
- Supports Healthy Immune System (1)
- Benefits Cardiovascular Health
- Botanical Support for the Overworked (2)
- Supports healthy emotional well-being
Eleuthero root is commonly called "Siberian Ginseng" but this is a bit of a misnomer. Eleuthero is not any sort of ginseng at all, so calling it this is technically incorrect; however, the name is so common you will often see products and recipes with it listed this way, so keep that in mind as you're looking at information about this herb!
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209305-31Global Trade Item Number: 767963090386Manufacturer Part Number 209305-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 10.00 (in)Height: 12.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)