Information on English Breakfast Tea Certified Organic
Name: English Breakfast Tea
Ingredients: Organic China Black F.O.P. tea and Organic Keemun Congou F.O.P. tea
Organic: Yes, USDA Organic
Package Size: 4 ounces
Form: Organic Loose Leaf
Daily Serving Size: Pour 8-12 oz of simmering water (185-195° F preferred) over 1 tsp
Steep Time: 3-4 minutes
Origin: United States
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
California Prop 65
Additional Information on English Breakfast Tea
Benefits of Black Tea
- Supports heart health
- Benefits digestion
- Used topically to reduce puffy eyes
- Contains L-theanine, which can benefit mental alertness
- Supports Bone Health
- Promotes Cardiovascular health
- Relieves Indigestion
- Promotes Calmness
How to drink English Breakfast Tea?
English Breakfast Tea is a rich, black tea that is specially blended for mixing with sugar and milk in the tradition of hearty and full breakfasts in England. Even though English Breakfast Tea is usually enjoyed hot, I make a great ice tea from it. English Breakfast Tea does contain caffeine. In one cup ( 8 ounces ) the amount varies from 40 to 70 milligrams.
What does F.O.P. mean? Flowery Orange Pekoe (F.O.P.) refers to a high quality whole leaf tea with a long leaf and good balance of tips. FOP contains fine, tender young leaves with buds (referred to as tips) and is made from the first two leaves and bud of the shoot. When harvested during the slow growth periods, these young buds have a golden tip, hence the grade 'Flowery', thus making it Flowery Orange Pekoe (FOP).
What's so great about Bulk Black Tea?
Black Tea leaves contain a number of unique compounds in significantly high levels. Included among them are flavonoids and phytochemicals. Flavonoids have long been know to have anti-oxidant properties which prevent cell damage thought to contribute to more than 50 diseases. Flavonoids also appear to inhibit the formation of blood clots, thus reducing the risk of stroke, and help prevent oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (the "bad" cholesterol), which can damage arteries. Black tea may take up to ten separate steps to process, black tea is fully fermented leaves and is also referred to as red tea for the dark reddish color of their brew. The leaves start out whole but are usually broken or torn during processing. Taste can range from slightly fruity to pungently smoky and are sometimes taken with milk, sugar, lemon or other additives.
- Carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, has antioxidant and protective properties.
- Thiamin (vitamin B1) and riboflavin (vitamin B2) are both essential for releasing energy from food.
- Nicotinic acid and pantothenic acid are necessary for the release of energy from fat and carbohydrate.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is essential for a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin B6 is involved in the metabolism of proteins
- Black tea affects the bacterial enzyme glucosyltranferase which is responsible for converting sugars into the sticky material that plaque uses to adhere to teeth.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 401427-04UPC: 401525-81Manufacturer Part Number 401525-81Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in one business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 3.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)