Herbal Information for Fenugreek in Whole Organic Form
Common Names: Greek Hay
Botanical Name: Trigonella foenum graecumm
Other Names: Foenugreek, Fenigreek, Fenugreek
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Form: Whole, Certified Organic
Pack Size: One Pound (1 lb.)
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if nursing or pregnant. Avoid fenugreek if you have a chickpea allergy.
Naturally Occurring Components: arginine, beta-carotene, beta-sitosterol, coumarin, diosgenin, fiber, gamma-aminobutyric acid (gaba), kaempferol, luteolin, magnesium, manganese, niacin, potassium, pyridoxine, quercetin, riboflavin, rutin, sulfur, thiamine, trigonelline, tryptophan, and vite.
Additional Information About Fenugreek
- Benefits Digestion
- Supports Healthy Blood Sugar when used with diet and exercise
- Relieves Occasional Constipation
- Support Upper Respiratory System
- Aids Kidney Function
- Natural Support for Menopausal Issues
- Benefits natural galactogogue product ( increase for breast milk supply )
How to Use Fenugreek Seed
Fenugreek is a member of the legume family which includes beans and peas. It is often used in cooking but can also be put into capsules for easy consumption. Try a mix of curry and fenugreek seed powder in your marinade for fish, lamb, chicken, or beef!
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
- Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
- Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
- HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
- ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
- Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
- Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
- Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements.
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification. Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
About Herbal Remedies and Alternative Medicine
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years in all cultures. In this day and age, Western bulk herbs and spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs and teas emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209840-01UPC:Manufacturer Part Number 209840-01Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 5.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)