Herbal information on Prepared Fo-Ti in Bulk Powder Form
Common Name: Foti Root, Fo-Ti, Cured Fo-Ti, Radix Polygoni Multiflori, fleece flower root
Botanical Name: Polygonum Multiflorum
Pin Yin Name: He Shou Wu
Other Ingredients: As part of full disclosure - According to Chinese tradition, dried Fo-ti Root should be prepared by boiling it in the same water used to cook black beans; its primary purpose is to restore balance to the body's systems when the yin is weak. Contains Soy
Package Size: 1 pound
Form: Powder: Fine powder 80 to 100 mesh size (similar to the consistency of baking flour)
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Contains soy. Conventional Fo-ti Root, Cured: Contraindicated with diarrhea. Items contains sulfites. Organic Fo-ti Root, Cured: Contraindicated with diarrhea.
California Prop 65
Additional Information About Fo-Ti Root
- Healthy Hair Wellness Support (1)
- Benefits Digestive System (2)
- Classic botanical to support liver
- Rejuvenating Tonifier
- Benefits Cardiovascular Health
- Fo-Ti root is cured in a black bean or soy bean solution during processing
Product Properties: Bitter, slightly acrid, cool
Channels/Meridians: Heart, liver, gallbladder
Naturally Occurring Components: quercetin-3-O-galactoside
Fo-ti Root, the scientific name of which is Polygonum multiflorum, goes by many different names, the most colorful of which may be He-Sho Wu, a Mandarin name meaning "He has black hair." According to Chinese legend, Fo-ti Root restores youthful vigor in older men; Lord He-Sho Wu reportedly lived to the ripe old age of 132. All Fo-ti Root is cured in a black bean solution during processing.
Fo-ti Root has an important place among the medicinal herbs that make up the pharmacopeia of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). According to Chinese tradition, dried Fo-ti Root should be prepared by boiling it in the same water used to cook black beans; its primary purpose is to restore balance to the body's systems when the yin is weak.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Traditional Chinese Herbs
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as an added feature to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs (Teas) emphasize harmony, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209313-51Global Trade Item Number: 767963095268Manufacturer Part Number 209313-51Condition: NewAvailability: Ready to ship today if ordered before 10am.Width: 10.00 (in)Height: 12.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)