Herbal Information for Organic Ginger Root in Powder Form
Common Name: Ginger, Ginger Root, Zingiberis rhizoma, zingiberaceae
Botanical Name: Zingiber officinale
Certified Organic: Yes, USDA Organic
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1 pound
Form: Fine Powder
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Ginger is a carminative, expectorant and sialagogue. It should not be used by people who have gallstones.
California Prop 65
Benefits of Ginger Root
- Supports Natural Joint Flexibility
- Promotes Healthy Digestion
- Aids with Assimilation Function
- Eases symptoms of nausea (1)
- Temporary relief of pain related to menstruation (2)
- Eases muscle pain related to exercise (3)
Additional Information About Ginger Root
Did you know that the world's biggest producers of ginger are India, Nigeria, and China in that order! Ginger is an important part of some of the world's most delicious cuisine, but is also used in the simple gingerbread cookies you might pick up at the grocery store. It has been used both for cooking and medicinally all over the world. It originated in tropical rainforests as a species and now is grown in different climates around the world.
- Supports Healthy Inflammation Response
- Support Digestion and Assimilative Function
- Ginger root is a pungent herb
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: Gingerols, Zingerone, Shogaols, Borneol, minerals, vitamins, phosphorus, potassium, riboflavin and vitamin C.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes.
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years, in all cultures. In this day and age Western Bulk Herbs and Spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare, and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
References: (1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3995184/
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209850-51Global Trade Item Number: 767963025760Manufacturer Part Number 209850-51Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day. Sent by Priority Mail -- Fast!Width: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)