Herbal Information on 4 Year Old Organic American White Ginseng Root in Bulk Form
Common Name: American White Ginseng Root
Botanical Name: Panax ginseng
Channels/Meridians: Heart, Lung, Kidney
Pin Yin Name: Hua Qi Shen
Other Names: White Gingseng, American Ginseng
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1/4 pound (4 oz.)
Form: Organic Cut Slices
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not use with stimulants.
Additional Information about American White Ginseng Root
American White Ginseng Root is characterized as yin, which is cooling, soothing and restoring. Thus, it is traditionally believed to be ideal for the yang-excessive. For those who are constitutionally hot: the active, agitated, and stressed. High-grade four-year-old whole roots are also used for physical and emotional stress.
Properties: Sweet, Slightly Bitter, Cool
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 422145Global Trade Item Number: 767963034069Manufacturer Part Number 422145Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 5 business daysWidth: 5.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)