Herbal Information for Hawthorn Berry in Powder Form
Common Name: Hawthorn Berry
Botanical Name: Crataegus laevigata
Channels/Meridians: Liver, Spleen, Stomach
Pin Yin Name: Shan Zha
Other Names: Hawthorn Berries, Hawthorne, May flower, quickthorn, whitehorn
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1 pound
Form: Fine Powder
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Certified Organic: Yes, USDA Organic
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Benefits of Hawthorn Berry
- Cardiovascular system support
- Botanical Support for the Heart
- Digestive Support
- Benefits the Kidneys
- Aids in promoting Natural Sleep
- Cardio Tonic
- Antioxidant Properties
- Anti-inflammatory Properties
- Benefits Healthy Blood Pressure
- Promotes Calm Mental Outlook
- Skin Health
Product Properties: Sour, sweet, slightly warm
Naturally Occurring Components: L-epicatechin; quercetin; hyperoside; chlorogenic acid; citric acid and its monomethyl ester, dimethyl ester, trimethyl ester; sucrose; flavan polymer; and ursolic acid.
Additional Information About Hawthorn Berry
Certified Organic Hawthorn Berry Powder. Easy to use, for encapsulation, as it is an 80 to 100 mesh size. Hawthorns compounds are flavonids--like complex of oligomeric procyanidins, which are responsible for the cardiac action attributed to the plant. This is partly due to hawthorns ability to inhibit a substance in the body known as angiotensin-converting enzyme.
As a side note: Hawthorn berries were documented the Greek Herbalist Dioscorides and later by the Swiss physician Paracelsus. According to Christian legend, the Crown of Thorns was believed to be made of hawthorn. Because of this, the herb was thought to possess miraculous healing properties. In ancient Greece, hawthorn was a symbol of hope and happiness, while in Rome, it was considered a mighty amulet.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209349-51UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 767963059895Manufacturer Part Number 209349-51Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 8.00 (in)Height: 12.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)