Herbal Information for Houttuynia in Organic Cut Form
Common Name: Houttuynia,
Botanical Name: Houttuynia Cordata herb
Meridians / Channels: Liver, Lung, Large Intestine
Pin Yin Name: Yu Xing Cao
Other Names: Houtuynia, Fishy Smell Herb, Fish mint , Lizard tail, Chameleon plant, Heart leaf, Dokudami
Translation of Name: “fish-smelling plant,”
Latin Name: Herba cum radice houttuyniae cordatae
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 500 Grams ( 1.1 pounds)
Form: Organic Cut / Sliced - sizes vary
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
How to Use: Tea, Infusion, Syrup, Salve, Topical
Brand: Plum Flower, species - authenticated herbs
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Toxicity is mild.
Vaginal applications have caused inflammation but symptoms subsided after stopping the applications.
A cooling herb, so don’t use in cold syndromes.
Special Note: Should not be over brewed.
Herbs That Clean Heat and Purge Fire
Target Warm and Heat Diseases
Herbs That Clean Heat and Detoxify
Naturally Occurring Components: Decanoylacetaldehyde, Myrcene, α- Pinene, Linalool, Quercetin
Benefits of Yu Xing Cao and Additional Information
- Supports healthy liver function
- Botanicals for supporting the body's normal elimination of fluid.
- Botanicals for promoting healthy respiration.
- Yu Xing Cao is part of S. Buhners protocol in his book Healing Lyme Disease
- Reduces swelling
- Expels Pus
- Promotes Urination
- Benefits Respiratory System
- Support Urinary System
Product Properties: Acrid, Cool, Bitter
Forage: Originates in marginal aquatic and marshy areas in Japan, China, Vietnam, and Laos. It’s classified as an alien invasive species in Australia and North America.
Harvest: Cut after flowering in summer.
Why is it called Fishy Smell Herb?
When Yu Xing Cao is harvested fresh, there is a noticeable scent of fish. This aroma does dissipate as the
Interesting Fact: Yu Xing Cao (Dokudami) was once used as an antidote to poisons and its common name means “poison blocking” in Japanese.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Plum Flower Quality Herb Cut Bulk Herbs
Plum Flower is an established worldwide manufacturer of high-quality Chinese herbs, and innovative Chinese medicinal herbs and products. Plum Flower uses sulfur-free herbs and laboratory tests its products for contamination and heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, and pesticides.
Main Characteristics (Attributes) of Herbs
- Harvested at the proper level of maturity and correct time of the season to maximize potency.
- Free from Chlorine
- Manufactured without the use of sulphur
- Preservative Free
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results
- Aluminum Phosphate free
- Packaged in an airtight sealed bag
- Pin Yin Names and Botanical Names are listed on the bag
- Certificate of Analysis are available upon request
- Conforms to Standards of Chinese Pharmacopeia
- No dyes, colors, or bleaching of the herbs
- We are a authorized direct distributor of Plum Flower Herbs.
- 500 gram bag size which equal anywhere from 4 to 6 cups of herbs
Chinese Traditional herbs should be regarded as a supplementary aspect to modern western healthcare, and not as a replacement. Chinese traditional herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, and balance.
Why use Chinese Bulk Herbs?
Traditional Chinese Medicine curative herbal formulas have been developed, improved and perfected for over 5000 years.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is an ancient, holistic medical system used all over the world to treat a wide variety of health issues. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) works by helping to balance the bodies’ functions thus restoring health.
As soon as the Chinese people began to carve out a civilization in ancient China it developed a cultural heritage that has continued to the present day. TCM is the oldest and one of the safest, effective systems one can use to care for their body, it promotes health and helps to sustain longevity.
Chinese herbs have been with mankind for 5,000 years and will be with us in the years ahead – it is using nature’s bountiful gifts to have good health.
The Treatment of Modern Western Medical Diseases with Chinese Medicine By Bob Flaws, Philippe Sionneau
ReviewsLaurie PennerIn my first try at making tinctures, I wish these dry pieces would be a little finer. It would have been easier to determine how full the jar was in the liquid. But the taste seems very good in glycerine (not fishy!)
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 25500NGlobal Trade Item Number: 739934004296Manufacturer Part Number 25500NCondition: NewAvailability: Ships within 24 hoursWidth: 4.00Height: 3.00Depth: 6.00