Herbal Information on Organic Bushy Knotweed Rhizome in Bulk Cut Form
Common Name: Japanese Knotweed
Botanical Name: Polygonum Cuspidatum Rhizoma
Channels/Meridians: Liver, Spleen
Pin Yin Name: Hu Zhang
Other Names: Knotweed, Bushy Knotweed, Some people may refer to this herb as Japanese Bushy Knotweed Root and Rhizome.
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1.1 pounds ( 500 grams)
Form: Sliced Root
Organic: Yes, Certified Organic
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
How to use: Topically, Tea, Infusion, Capsules, Formula
Brand: Plum Flower
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not use in large doses.
Additional Information About Bushy Knotweed
Benefits of Hu Zhang - Japanese Bushy Knotweed
- Supports the Natural Cleansing Action of the Liver
- Promotes Healthy Joint Function
- Urinary Health
- Benefits Cardiovascular System
- Make into a paste and use topically
- Discussed in Stephen Buhners Books Healing Lyme Disease
- Encourages Joint Flexibility
- Promotes Brain Health
Product Properties: Slightly Bitter, Neutral, Slightly Tonic
Hu Zhang has several different names: Japanese Bushy Knotweed, Bushy Knotweed, Polygonum Cuspidatum, as well as the the pin yin name of Hu Zhang. This herb is a slightly bitter herb. The main component of this beneficial herb is the active ingredient called Resveratrol. Though resveratrol is the best known of the hu zhang components, it is important to know the others, which includes:
- Anthraglycoside A
- Anthraglycoside B
In the Chinese Herbal Medicine book - Materia Medica; Hu Zhang Radix ety Rhizoma Polygoni Cuspidati has alternative names as Da Chang Zhang and Ku Zhang. Hu Zhang is available in many forms, if purchasing in cut bulk form, the best way to use is as a decoction, or to make a tincture.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
Main Characteristics (Attributes) of Herbs
- Harvested at the proper level of maturity and correct time of the season to maximize potency.
- Free from Chlorine
- Manufactured without the use of sulphur
- Preservative Free
- Made at GMP internationally certified facilities (Good Manufacturing Practices) Quality control tests are done at the manufacturing site and at third party labs to confirm results
- Aluminum Phosphate free
- Packaged in an airtight sealed bag
- Pin Yin Names and Botanical Names are listed on the bag
- Certificate of Analysis are available upon request
- Conforms to Standards of Chinese Pharmacopeia
- No dyes, colors, or bleaching of the herbs
- We are a authorized direct distributor of Plum Flower Herbs.
- 500 gram bag size which equal anywhere from 4 to 6 cups of herbs
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 25779NGlobal Trade Item Number: 739934002919Manufacturer Part Number 5779NCondition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00Height: 5.00Depth: 5.00