Herbal Information on Organic Licorice Root in Cut Form
Common Names: Licorice Root, Sweet Root, Glycyrrhiza, Radix liquiritiae, Sweet Root, Chinese Licorice Root
Botanical Name: Glycyrrhiza glabra
Pin Yin Name: Gan Cao
Organic: Yes, USDA Certified Organic
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Pack Size: 4 Ounces (4 oz.)
Form: Cut Organic Form
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Taking licorice root containing glycyrrhizinic acid with medications that reduce potassium levels such as diuretics might be bad for your heart.
Additional Information About Gan Cao
- Tonify Qi of Heart
- Tonify Qi of Spleen
- Dispels Phlegm
- Clears Heat
- Relieves Toxicity
- The active naturally occurring compound in licorice is Glycyrrhizin.
- Special note: Licorice sticks or slices do not taste like licorice, though they are sweet in taste.
Benefits of Licorice Root
- Moistens the Lungs
- Support Healthy Respiratory Function (2)
- Support for Seasonal Health (3)
- Benefits the Adrenal Glands
- Aids in Digestion (1)
Product Properties: Sweet, Slightly Cold
Channels/Meridians: Heart, Lung, Spleen
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209415-34Global Trade Item Number: 767963105738Manufacturer Part Number 209415-34Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 2.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)