Herbal Information on Licorice Root in Cut Form
Common Name: Licorice Root, Sweet Root, Glycyrrhiza, Radix liquiritiae, Licorice
Botanical Name: Glycyrrhiza glabra
Pin Yin Name: Gan Cao
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Form: Cut Form, Organic
Pack Size: 16 Ounces (1 pound)
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not use with high blood sugar.
California Prop 65
Additional Information About Gan Cao
- A herbaceous perennial legume from southern Europe and Asia
- Has many potentially healing substances like compound flavonoids and antioxidants
Benefits of Gan Cao
- Can help lower stomach acid levels to assist with heartburn and indigestion clearing (1)
- Can give temporarily relief to a sore throat and irritating cough (2)
- Support for Seasonal Health (3)
Product Properties: Sweet, Slightly Cold
Channels/Meridians: Heart, Lung, Spleen
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209415-31UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 767963024558Manufacturer Part Number 209415-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 2.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)