Herbal Information for Lycium Fruit in Whole Form
Common Name: Lycium Fruit, go ji berries, Goji Berry,
Botanical Name: Lycium barbarum fruit
Channels/Meridians: Liver, Lung, Kidney
Pin Yin Name: Gou Qi Zi
Other Names: Chinese Wolfberry, Goji berries, Fructus Lycii, Desert-thorn, Christmas berry
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1 lb
How to Use: Eat raw, Tea, Baking, Soups, Smoothies, Herbal Formulas
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Not to use in cases external heat, (like swelling with inflammation), spleen deficient with dampness and loose stool or diarrhea.
California Prop 65
Naturally Occurring Components: betaine, β-sitosterol, linoleic acid, physalien, cryptoxanthin, atropine, hyoscyamine, scopoletin, Zeaxanthin
Benefits of Lycium Fruit, Goji Berries
- Support Healthy Liver Function
- Promotes Healthy Joint Function
- Botanical Support for the Eyes
- Considered to be a tonic for longevity
- Cardiovascular Protection
- Promotes Natural Sleep Habits
- Natural source for Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Support Digestive Functions
- Helps to Maintain Normal Blood Sugar with Diet and Exercise.
What should you look for in Goji Berries?
- Shape: oblong--not round--but not thin.
- Color: red or purplish red
- Taste: sweet. The seeds should not taste acrid.
- Smell: the smell is fragrant once the package is opened.
Product Properties: Sweet, Neutral
One of the easier ways to use Goji Berries / Lycium Fruit is to put into a smoothie. Great Taste, mixes well with any other fruits, and makes the smoothie thick.
Use in Trail Mix instead of raisins.
Goji Berry Tea
Goji berry tea, is refreshing and beneficial to your body.
1 Tablespoon Goji Berries (Lycium Fruit)
1/8th Teaspoon Lemon Zest (or to taste, I prefer 1/2 Teaspoon)
1 Star Anise
1 Cinnamon Stick 2 inches long
2 cups water
Add all ingredients to a non aluminium
Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and let the ingredients brew for 5 minutes.
Strain all ingredients, and drink when it is a safe temperature to drink.
This is a perfect drink before a meal, to help stop overeating.
Goji berries, contain 18 amino acids, yes 18 amino acids, including all eight essential amino acids. Our bodies use this combination of amino acids. A single 1/4 cup serving of goji berries contains 90 calories and 4 grams of protein per serving.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: ZN5786Manufacturer Part Number ZN5786Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00Height: 5.00Depth: 5.00