Herbal Information for Myrrh Gum in Powder Form
Common Names: Myrrh Gum
Botanical Name: Commiphora molmol
Pin Yin Name: Mo Yao
Other Names: Abyssinica, Heerabol
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Pack Size: 4 ounces
Form: Powder, Wildcrafted
Dosage: Consult with your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if nursing or pregnant. Overuse can cause nausea or vomiting.
Additional Information About Mo Yao
- May be used in Aromatherapy
- Natural Herbal Throat Support
- Urinary Health Support
- Natural Expectorant
- Promotes and Maintains Healthy skin
- Maybe used Topically and Internally
- Positive Support for Upper Respiratory Issues.
How to Use Myrrh Gum
Myrrh gum contains volatile oil (heerabolene, limonene, dipentene, pinene, eugenol, cinamal-dehyde, cuminaldehyde, etc), resins (including commiphoric acids), and gum. Myrrh is most often used in gargles, tinctures, and essential oils.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
- Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
- Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
- HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
- ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
- Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
- Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
- Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements.
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification. Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
About Herbal Remedies and Alternative Medicine
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years in all cultures. In this day and age, Western bulk herbs and spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs and teas emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 201850-54Global Trade Item Number: 767963105356Manufacturer Part Number 201850-54Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 5.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)