Herbal Information for Nettle Root in Powder Form
Common Name: Nettle root
Botanical Name: Urtica dioica
Other Names: Greater Nettle, Stinging Nettles, Ortie, Ouch Root
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1 pound
Form: Fine Powder
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Certified Organic: Yes, USDA Organic
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. When taken in excess, may cause loose bowels. Do not use with blood thinning medication
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: Linoleic acid, palmitic acid, oleic acid, palmitoleic acid, stearic acid, gadoleic acid, and erucic acid
vitamins A and C, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium
Additional Information on Nettle Root
- Herbal support for hair, skin and nails
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes.
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years, in all cultures. In this day and age Western Bulk Herbs and Spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare, and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209461-51Global Trade Item Number: 767963115324Manufacturer Part Number 209461-51Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)