Herbal Information for Organic Olive Leaf in Cut Form
Common Name: Olive Leaf, Olive Leaves
Botanical Name: Olea europaea
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Certified Organic Cut
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Additional Information About Olive Leaf
- Supports Digestion
- Immune System Support
- Supports the Body's Natural Defenses
- Historically, a popular herb of choice
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
1 "Olive Leaf Patents." Rex Research. <http://www.rexresearch.com/articles/oliveleaf.htm>.
2 "Herbal Intestinal Tract Cleanser - Renew Life Formulas, Inc." FPO IP Research & Communities. 22 Apr. 2003. <http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6551628.html>.
3 Kilham, Chris. "The Healing Power of Olive Leaf." Fox News. 23 Jan. 2013. <http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/01/23/healing-power-olive-leaf/>.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 2SKU: 209467-31UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 767963073334Manufacturer Part Number 1600-0Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)