Herbal Information for Organic Cornsilk in Cut and Sifted Form
Botanical Name: Zea Mays
Other Names: Barbe de Mais, Ble d'Inde, Cheveux de Mais, Indian Corn, Maidis Stigma, Mais Violet, Maize Silk, Purple Corn, Sede de Maiz, Soie de Mais, Stigma Maydis, Yu Mi Xiu, Zea, Zea mays.
Package Size: One Pound (1 lb.)
Form: Cut and Sifted, Organic
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing, taking diuretics, using medication for high blood pressure, or blood thinning.
California Prop 65
- Supports kidney health
- Supports bladder health
- Aids in cardiovascular health
- Benefits in normalizing blood sugar levels
- Aids in clearing urinary tract infections
- Promotes and soothing inflammatory aliments
- Aids in facilitating blood clotting
- Supports and assists in normal cholesterol levels
- Contains sodium salts
- Features volatile oils and steroids, including sitosterol and stigmasterol, alkaloids and saponins.
- High in fiber
- Source of Vitamin C
- Source of Vitamin K
- Source of Potassium
How To Make Cornsilk Tea
- Dried strands of Cornsilk
- One cup of water
- Raw honey or sugar (for taste)
- Add a small handful of dried leaves to a cup (240 mL) of boiling water.
- Steep the Cornsilk Strands for 15–30 minutes.
- Use a strainer remove as many of the leaves as possible.
- Add honey or raw sugar for taste.
How to use Bulk Herbs and Teas
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
J. Guo, T. Liu, L. Han, Y. Liu. Nov 2009. The effects of corn silk on glycaemic metabolism [online]. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2785813/
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209240-31UPC:Manufacturer Part Number 209240-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)