Herbal Information for Marshmallow Root in Cut and Sifted Form
Common: Marshmallow Root, Althea Root, Sweet Weed, Mortification Plant, Wymote, Schloss Tea
Botanical Name: Althaea officinalis
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Cut, Organic
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Should be taken with at least 250 ml (8 oz) of liquid.
Additional Information on Marshmallow Root
Benefits of Marshmallow Root
- Supports upper respiratory system
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Short term use for sore throats
- Reduce joint pain
- Use as a mouth gargle
- Aids in skins health
Marshmallow Root comes from the marshmallow plant and looks like a brown, fibrous husk. The flowers, root, and leaves of the Marshmallow plant are all edible.
The medicinal properties of Marshmallow Root come from the mucilage, or sap-like substance, that the plant produces.
The mucilage of the plant contains antioxidants, which aids in forming a protective coating over skin and the digestive tract. By doing this, it may help with skin irritation and digestive issues.
Marshmallow Root has a potent source of flavonoid antioxidants, dietary fiber, and beneficial bioactive compounds.
Marshmallow Root: Mucilage - l8-35%, consisting of a number of polysaccharides; one is composed of L-rhamnose, D-galactose, D-galacturonic acid and D-glucuronic acid in the ratio 3:2:3:3. Another, a highly branched L-arabifurranan, trisaccharide a structural unit and one with a high proportion of uronic acid units. Miscellaneous; about 35% pectin, l-2% asparagine, tannins.
There are several therapeutic ways you can take or use Marshmallow Root to benefit from its mucilage properties. Marshmallow Root can be used in the following forms.
- Marshmallow Root a health beneficial tea
- Marshmallow Root powder which can used in drinks and smoothies
- Marshmallow Root used in therapeutic skin products which can be applied topically
- Marshmallow Root powdered and used for an all natural supplement capsules
- Marshmallow Root soaked and used as a herbal cough syrup
Marshmallow Root has been used for its healing properties for hundreds of years.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 209430-31UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 767963014795Manufacturer Part Number 209430-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)