Herbal Information on Wheat Grass in Certified Organic Powder Form
Common Name: Wheat Grass, Wheatgrass
Botanical Name: Triticum aestivum
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product
Package Size: 1 Pound
Certified Organic: Yes
Origin: United States
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Wheat Grass may cause nausea, and constipation.
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: phenolic compounds, anthraquinol, alkaloids, tannins, flavonoids, sulfonic acid, triterpenoids, saponins, DPPH (1,1′-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl)
Additional Information on Wheat Grass
Benefits of Wheat Grass Certified Organic
- Great source of amino acids, minerals such as zinc, iron, copper, and selenium.
- Good source for vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, and dietary fiber.
- Superb source of Chlorophyll
- Supports normal blood sugar, when used with diet and exercise
- Naturally neutralizes toxins
- Benefits the Liver Function
- Aids in Digestion due to it's natural enzymes
- Detoxifies the body from heavy metals
- Supports Vision
- Boosts the Immune System
- Botanical Purifier
- Gluten Free
- Loaded with Amino Acids
- Promotes Metabolism
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209625-51UPC:Condition: NewAvailability: Ships today if ordered before 10:00 a.m.Width: 3.00 (in)Height: 2.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)