Herbal Information for Organic Passion Flower Herb in Cut Form
Common Names: Passion Flower Herb, Maypop, apricot vine, passion vine, purple passion flower, passiflore
Botanical Name: Passiflora incarnata
Certified Organic: Yes, USDA Organic
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Organic Cut / Sifted
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
California Prop 65
Additional Information about Passion Flower
Benefits of Passion Flower
- A woody vine with distinctive flowers
- Native to Central, North and South America
- Supports Restful Sleep
- Passion flower is often used as a tea
- Promotes centered calmness
- Supports Emotional Well-Being
Passion flower has high levels of GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid) compared to other plants. Studies found that Passion flower reduced anxiety in patients going into surgery. A study in Australia found that healthy young adults given Passion flower tea before sleep had a better quality of sleep compared to those given a placebo.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Appel K, Rose T, Fiebich B, Kammler T, et al. Modulation of the γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) system by Passiflora incarnata L. Phytother Res. 2011 Jun;25(6):838-43.
Movafegh A, Alizadeh R, Hajimohamadi F, Esfehani F, et al. Preoperative oral Passiflora Incarnata reduces anxiety in ambulatory surgery patients: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Anesthesia and Analgesia 2008;106(6):1728–1732.
Ngan A, Conduit R. A double-blind, placebo-controlled investigation of the effects of Passiflora incarnata(passionflower) herbal tea on subjective sleep quality. Phytother Res. 2011 Aug;25(8):1153-9.
Traub, Michael. “Passion Flower (Passiflora) An Overview of Research And Clinical Indications.” Cdn.naturaldispensary.com, Gaia Herbs, cdn.naturaldispensary.com.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 3SKU: 209483-31UPC: 767963126153Manufacturer Part Number 209483-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)