Herbal Information for Pau D' Arco in Cut Form
Common Name: Pau D'Arco, lapacho, purple lapacho, trumpet bush, and taheebo
Botanical Name: Tabebuia heptaphylla
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Wildcrafted Cut / Sifted
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not take if pregnant or nursing. Avoid overdose. Do not give to children for more than a week without a doctor's approval.
California Prop 65
Additional Information about Pau D'Arco
- This cut herb is good for making liquid extract, powder, tea, capsules, tablets
- Pau D Arco has been used for centuries in the South American countries, and is starting to be used in the North American countries.
- Pau D' Arco in cut form, is a tea cut shred form. This makes it perfect for making a decoction, or a liquid tincture.
- Scientists have been able to determine two active chemicals in pau d'arco. These two components are called naphthoquinones: lapachol and beta-lapachone.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Anesini C, Perez C. Screening of plants used in Argentine folk medicine for antimicrobial activity. J Ethnopharmacol. 1993;39:119-128.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 201925-31Global Trade Item Number: 767963015693Manufacturer Part Number 201925-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 5.00 (in)