Herbal Information on Organic Psyllium Seed Powder
Common Name: Psyllium Seed
Botanical Name: Plantago ovata
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Form: Organic Powder
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Contraindicated in bowel obstruction, esophageal stenosis, & abnormal intestinal narrowing. CHOKING: Taking this product (child or adult dose) without adequate fluid may cause it to swell & block your throat or esophagus & may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Be sure to take this product with at least 8 oz. (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking.
- Soluble Fiber
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 209511-51UPC: 767963100443Manufacturer Part Number 209511-51Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 5.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)