Herbal Information for Red Root in Powder Form
Common Name: Red Root, Redroot
Botanical Name: Ceanothus americanus
Other Names: Jersey Tea, Tetterwort, Wild Snowball, Mountain Sweet
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 4 Ounces
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Origin: United States
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Additional Information Red Root
A native shrub of North America, the red root's bark and roots where used by native American Indians to treat upper respiratory infections. Early American settlers used the wintergreen scented leaves for tea during the american revolution. Red root offers a variety of health benefits.
- For Liver and Digestive Support
- Supports Liver Detoxification
- Botanical Purifier
- Ceanothus americanus has been shown to enhance transport of nutrients from the blood across the capillary cells to the lymph which, in turn, stimulates fluid drainage from congested areas.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes.
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket.
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years, in all cultures. In this day and age Western Bulk Herbs and Spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare, and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs ( Teas ) emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 202020-34UPC: 76796313947Global Trade Item Number: 767963139474Manufacturer Part Number 202020-54Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 3.00Height: 5.00Depth: 5.00