Herbal Information on Red Root Powder in Bulk Form
Common Name: Red Root
Botanical Name: Ceanothus americanus
Other Names: Red Indian Paint, Tetterwort, Blood Root, Indian Paint, Indian Plant, Red Paint Root, Sanguinariat
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Pack Size: Four Ounces (4 oz.)
Form: Powder, Wildcrafted
Dosage: Consult your healthcare professional for correct dosage.
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if nursing or pregnant.
Additional Information About Red Root
- Herbal throat relief
- Respiratory support
- Benefits the lymphatic system
- Supports digestive function
How to Use Red Root
Red root has been used for hundreds of years by the native tribes of North America for respiratory system support. Ceanothus americanus has been shown to enhance transport of nutrients from the blood across the capillary cells to the lymph which in turn stimulate fluid drainage from congested areas. It is often used as a decoction, herbal tea, tincture, and in capsule form.
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
- Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
- Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
- HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
- ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
- Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
- Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
- Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements.
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification. Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
About Herbal Remedies and Alternative Medicine
Herbal remedies have been used for thousands of years in all cultures. In this day and age, Western bulk herbs and spices should be regarded as an added element to present-day healthcare and not as a replacement. Botanical herbs and teas emphasize harmony, support, and balance.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 202020-54Global Trade Item Number: 767963139481Manufacturer Part Number 202020-54Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business day.Width: 5.00 (in)Height: 7.00 (in)Depth: 2.00 (in)Maximum Purchase: 5 units