Herbal Information for Saw Palmetto Berry in Cut Wildcrafted Form
Common Name: Saw Palmetto Berry
Botanical Name: Serenoa repens
Other Names: Sabal serulata, palmetto berry, American dwarf palm tree, cabbage palm
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product.
Package Size: 1 pound
Form: Cut, Wildcrafted
Dosage: Follow doctors instructions on how to use this herb.
Origin: United States
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Naturally Occurring Chemical Components: Beta-Sitosterol
Other Information About Saw Palmetto Berries
- Saw palmetto berries (Serenoa repens) were used as food by Native Americans.
- Rich in sterols and fatty acids
- May be used by itself, but is usually found in formulas with other herbs such as pygem, pumpkin seed oil and nettles leaf.
- Men's Health- Botanical Support
- Helps support urinary tract function
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: 202095-31Global Trade Item Number: 767963017444Manufacturer Part Number 202095-31Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 2.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 7.00 (in)