Herbal Information for Spirulina in Powder Form
Common Name: Spirulina, Blue-green algae
Botanical Name: Spirulina platensis
Other Ingredients: None, nothing has been added to this product
Dosage: Follow doctor's instruction about how to use this herb.
Package Size: One Pound (1lb)
Origin: United States
Brand: Starwest Botanicals
Cautions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Additional Information About Spirulina
- Botanical Support for Energy
- Supports the Integrity of the Veins and Capillaries
- Healthy Weight Management
- Supports Liver Detoxification
- Promotes Centered Calmness
Naturally Occurring Nutrients: Vitamins A, C, D, E, K, Boitin, Beta Carotene, Calcium, Iron, Iodine, Zinc, Copper, Amino Acids.
Popular Herbal Combinations for Spirulina
- Echinacea + Spirulina
- Turmeric + Spirulina
- Goji Berry + Spirulina
- Ashwagandha + Spirulina
Check out our How to Use Bulk Herbs page to see how to use herbs correctly. Our web page is constantly expanding, as of today we have articles on:
- How to make salves, poultice, tinctures, teas, capsules, gargles, and foot bathes
- How to make a citrus facial splash
- Cayenne pepper: Caterpillar and aphid spray ( Natural insect repellent )
- Citrus potpourri basket
About Starwest Botanicals Quality Control
Starwest Botanicals validated quality assurance testing includes:
• Organoleptic testing to ensure proper appearance, color, aroma and flavor.
• Microscopic and Macroscopic inspection for foreign matter.
• HPTLC for identification, to verify purity and authenticity.
• ICP-MS heavy metal analysis.
• Microbiology testing for pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella.
• Chemical analyses for moisture content, volatile oil, ash and acid insoluble ash.
Audits all suppliers yearly to assure they meet our GMP requirements
Samples are retained from all shipments are thoroughly tested and compared to our extensive reference library of dried herbs and botanicals to verify authenticity. All lot samples are kept for five years and can be traced for verification.
Starwest Botanicals utilizes not only their in-house laboratory, but also independent labs and consultants to guarantee their analyses are complete. Testing includes organoleptic analysis for aroma, color, flavor and texture. Physical testing involves moisture, volatile oil content, heavy metals, microbiology, thin layer chromatography, and other tests specific to each herb.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: 202150-51UPC:Global Trade Item Number: 767963018083Manufacturer Part Number 202150-51Condition: NewAvailability: Usually ships in 1 business dayWidth: 2.00 (in)Height: 5.00 (in)Depth: 3.00 (in)